‘When Punishing Tech Use Widens the Social Divide’ – a digital SXSW talk :)
I was super excited to attend and present at SXSW for the first time with Emeline Brulé, a friend and colleague who also studies digital technology use in schools. SXSW just published our little podcast on the topic:
Emeline Brule · When Punishing Tech Use Widens the Social Divide
Find the tl;dr and some bookmarks below:
- 1m40s: Outline of discussion
- 2m53s: Teacher and educator worries about tech use in school
- 4m45s: Media coverage about tech use in school
- 8m21s: Schools invest in tech, but then what?
- 12m25s: Emeline’s work on assistive tech use in schools in France
- 20m:40s: Matt’s work on disciplinary approaches to kids’ digital skills by student demographic in the U.S.
- 29m28s: Summary
- 30m24s: ‘Q&A’ – on research methods, implications for COVID-19, and more!